I was tagged and completed one of those “25 random things about me” and true to #25 I decided to repost to my blog.
1. Someday I will finish and publish a novel.
2. I have finished many shorts stories over the years and have never attempted to have any of them published.
3. I have an irrational fear of birds.
4. That said very few things in this world truly frighten me. I have driven a buck twenty bumper to bumper on a tortuous road, gone bungee jumping, cliff diving, skydiving and countless other youthful indiscretions.
5. And that said I have been terrified on a couple of occasions. The first was a month before Josh was born and we were driving to Holly Cross to do a tour of the maternity ward. We were stopped in traffic on 495 near magical kingdom AKA the Mormon Temple. Melissa stated screaming as a SVU plowed into us at highway speeds. The accident put her into early labor and it was hours before they were able to stop the labor and give us any assurance that she and the baby would be OK. The second time in recent memory was when I held my son for the first time.
6. Even though I am pro-science and highly critical of religious dogma, I am surprisingly religious. I have never doubted in G-d, only humanity’s ability to understand.
7. Most of my life I preferred to read what Academics call literature and now I prefer speculative fiction. I can even admit to truly loving some urban/dark fantasy that could just as easily be housed in the romance isle.
8. I am a terrible insomniac and Lunesta has changed my life.
9. I have been contemplating giving up meat on moral grounds but am not sure I have the will power to make it happen.
10. I’m a Mac, and a PC and a LINUX
11. As a kid I used to take things apart to to figure out how they worked, I still do.
12. I used to build PCs before it was considered easy.
12. I am very mechanically inclined but have never changed my own oil, mostly because I don’t like getting dirty.
13. I love to garden. I know that sounds contradictory but I don’t mind dirt dirt. It is the greasy and/or sticky things I don’t love.
14. I have studied Christianity more in depth than Judaism.
15. I hated being Jewish as a child but happily identify with Judaism as an adult.
16. My favorite game is Gin provided I am playing with my wife. She is a knocker!
17. My mind works best when I am multitasking.
18. I can listen to an audio book or watch TV while reading and follow both. I know this makes me a little odd but I was a multitasker before modern communication necessitated it.
19. My wife never ceases to amaze me.
20. On any given day Lifeguarding was my favorite job. Bar-tending was the most fun, and Teaching the most rewarding.
21. Even though I don’t LOVE it I am very good at HR an assume I will keep doing it forever unless I do #1 more than once and really really really well.
22. I am terrible with names.
23. Having a child (soon to be children) has changed my life in unbelievable and indescribable ways.
24. Yes I do get asked about the other Corey Feldman all to often and how funny is it that my best friend’s name is Tony Orlando.
25. Most of my life I have shared easily but with few. With Social media (blogging, facebook, twitter) I now share with many but no longer with ease.