I know. list posts are sloppy simple blogging, but I thought I would remind myself of the many things for which I am grateful.
1. Two beautiful, intelligent healthy children.
2. One wonderful wife who keeps us all organized.
3. My days/salary was reduced and not eliminated (yay benefits). Others were not so lucky.
4. Wonderful caring friends.
5. My health. Its wonderful to have a mind and body in such a good place.
6. Family *mostly*
7. Our home, its not our dream home, but its where we want to live and in an amazing school district.
8. The Beth Sholom community that has welcomed us in even though comparatively I’m practically a heathen.
9. Inner peace. Even with all of the turmoil of the last few weeks, I have remained amazingly clam. Hopefully I have taken at least a baby step towards truly internalizing what I have always said – it is what it is.
10. I’ll be at the beach for my birthday. I’ll be turning 33 for the umpteenth time.
11. Running a passion I had an lost and refound
12. Egret. I have written many things over the years but nothing has made me consistently more happy than writing children’s stories.
13. Coffee, because you taste almost as good as you smell.
14. Blogging because it helps me process and has connected me to wonderfully interesting people.
15. In just a few days I will smell the beach. I will take my children back to a place I have some of my fondest childhood memories.
16. I have a better idea of who I am than I did just a few months ago.
17. I have a better idea of who I want to be.
18. The taste of an ice cold coke in a glass after a long run or workout.
19. My garden, even though I let it over grow and don’t give it the time it needs; it brings me peace.
20. My patio which overlooks my garden, has my firepit that my wife was thoughtful enough to get me for fathers day, and has a beautiful view of the garden and forest behind it were with my iPad I can watch TV or write at night.