1. Please note, the Egret poems are all first drafts, unless otherwise noted. If you read my posts on my Anxiety, mild repression and ADHD you know I have always had a lot of anxiety about putting stories and poems online, or in public in general. Putting out first drafts seemed like a brilliant way to face that issue head on.
2. As I said these are first drafts. I don’t mind constructive criticism, especially in regards to spelling and basic editing errors. I have a learning difference similar to dyslexia that makes editing my own work very difficult. So please feel free to let me know if you see errors, but kindness over snark is generally appreciated.
3. I do plan on having these illustrated as some point, I don’t know when.
3. I’m currently looking for an illustrator.
3. I found and Illustrator – Rachel Fishman http://rachelfishman.com/
4. I do plan on having these published some day. My first goal is to get as many stories out there as fast as I can.
5. Some of the longer poems I plan on adapting into full length children’s books. The smaller one’s will also be turned into children’s books, with each poem being part of a series of vignettes.
6. I have no idea when I plan on pursuing publication, but if you are a legitimate agent or publisher, please feel free to reach out to me at anytime. 6. I have been convinced to go the self publish route instead of seeking out an agent/publisher. I’ll have more news in the coming weeks.
7. We are going to be doing some sort of podcast in the near future where my talented wife will read the stories.
7. We are podcasting the poem/stories. My wife reads the stories.
8. If you have enjoyed the Egret stories and wish to donate.
9. Further updates can be found at http://www.egrettheelephant.com/